Come join us for a great schooling experience at a fantastic facility! We offer midweek Twilight Eventing run under a compressed time format. Bring your friends and family-- it’s the perfect evening outing! The casual environment offers a positive experience for all Youngsters (4-legged and 2-legged)!
2017 Twilight Dates: April 12 + 26, May 10 + 24, June 7, July 26, August 2, 16 + 30
Entries Close the FRIDAY before each Twilight.
**Riders must submit a valid coggins and signed LMF release for a complete entry. Please upload documents via "Upload" button. **
There will be a $15 late fee on EACH entry if you enter after Friday at midnight. This includes INCOMPLETE entries.
We start with Training & end with Elementary.
**Twilight Eventing/CT Divisions**
Elementary (2'-2'3" - USDF Intro C dressage test)
BN (Beginner Novice Test A dressage)
Novice (Novice Test A dressage)
Training (Training Test A dressage)
Prelim/Training division (Prelim Test A, small ring 20m x 40m),
-You can request the alternate test for Elem through Training if desired
Dressage Only or Fix-A- Tests: Want to do a different test than listed? Request it in the Note to Organizer.
Fix-A-Tests include TWO tests and video with your smart phone. Ride the test as you would in a competition, get feedback from the judge, then ride again.
Showjumping: Sign up for an extra SJ round and enjoy the practice in our top-notch show arena! Or simply come to do a few SJ rounds.
Prelim SJ offered only if we have at least 6 entries, some prelim options on XC.
Prelim CT offered only if 6 entries (Prelim Test A) (small ring 20m x 40m)
Twilight HT - all 3 phases: $90
Dressage Test only: $35
Dressage Fix A test only: $50 (includes 2 tests)
SJ Round: $20
XC Schooling: $55
Rides Times are assigned & emailed to you only upon receipt of Coggins, signed Loch Moy Liability Release & Payment prior to Closing Date. This is a popular outing… get your documents in & secure your entry early! Incomplete entries are automatically assigned Waitlist status.
• Course maps available at http://www.mycoursewalk.com (Unique for each event)
• Expect to complete your whole event within 30 min of the start time. Dress for dressage as you would for XC and bring ALL your gear required for the three phases. You will go from one phase immediately to the next so plan accordingly.
Don’t forget 1) horse 2) medical armband & 3) vest! Late arrivals will not be honored.
**Please note rule change: A rider MAY NOT enter more than ONE horse per level without prior approval from the secretary.**
• Twilight Eventing is run under USEA eventing rules with a slight* modification to XC to allow riders maximum schooling options.
• *XC is shortened to 1000m to 1400m with 12 to 15 jump efforts. You may elect at each jump effort to take either Elementary (2'-2'3"), BN .79m (2' 7"), N .90m (2'-11") or T 1.0m (3'-3").
• Medical arms bands are required for all jumping phases
• Pinny #'s will be provided
• This is a fun schooling experience--No ribbons.
• Non-competing horse grounds fees: $25 per horse.
• Late Entry Fee : $15 • Change Fee $20
Ride times: Ride Times will be posted on http://www.themarylandhorsetrials.com/
--Ride times are assigned only AFTER an entry is complete. Incomplete entries are automatically Waitlisted and will not be assigned ride times.
So make sure to submit a complete entry: attach your Coggins & signed Loch Moy release to your Event Clinics registration form!
Trailer directions: From Washington D.C.--Approximate distance: 40 milesFrom Route 495, take Route 270 North, towards Frederick. Continue on Rt. 270 N, approximately 26 miles, to Exit 26 for Route 80 West, Buckeystown/Urbana. Turn right off the exit ramp, circling under Rt. 270 and continue on Rt. 80 W, approximately 1.5 miles to Park Mills Road on the left. Turn left onto Park Mills Rd. and continue straight for approximately 5.8 miles to the entrance on the right.
Change Policy: Changes are permitted up to 3 day(s) before registration closes.
Refund Policy: No refunds.