WoW Camp to Benefit YRAP feat Skyler Voss
WoW Camp is open to all USEA Jr/YR and Adult Program Riders, and others interested in Eventing. If you don’t ride at the BN level or higher, please contact Chris to determine if this camp is right for you.
Area 2 YRAP Camp will be held at The Maryland Horse Trials – Loch Moy. This will be immediately following their two horse trials so we will have lots of schooling activities. WoW Camp will be the Prep for the NAYC and horses are leaving from WoW to Montana. There will also be LandSafe (separate entry) and ICP Workshops happening. This is a very business week!
Please contact Chris Donovan via email firstname.lastname@example.org or at 703-261-3377 with any questions
The YRAP camp. Fee is $600 for the camp, this covers instruction and stabling only. Riders with two horses are encouraged to bring both – second horse will be discounted based on number of lessons. Additional lessons can be schedule as time permits, they usually cost between $65-$85.
Checks for the YRAP camp should be made payable to USEA Area 2 YRAP.
Mail application, goal sheet and checks to - Chris Donovan, YRAP Coordinator for Area 2, 13031 Furnace Mountain Rd , Lovettsville, VA 20180
2. Deposits and Late Fees:
❑ Before May 30th - $100 to serve your spot - regular sign up - balance of fee payment due by June 30th
❑ In June – Full Payment is due before June 30th
❑ After June 30th - Entire fee AND an additional $100 late fee if you entered after June 30th
3. Tack Stalls - Camp fees is for instruction and stabling of the horse only. You are encouraged to keep tack, feed, and hay in your trailers. There may be a few stalls available as stall for $150/stall. We will award based on order of request. If granted a tack stall please BRING a lock or bicycle lock for the tack stall and we.
4. Chaperones - One adult chaperone is required for every 4 campers and must be on the reachable at all times during camp. Adults for a group can alternate amongst themselves who is on the grounds during camp, but this information must be registered with camp office if different chaperones are responsible for different days.
5. Volunteers - Adult volunteers are always appreciated. Please stop-by the camp office if you need an assignment
6. Bedding – Bedding can be purchased on grounds or at the nearby suppliers.
7. Medical Release Forms - Each rider must have a medical release form in an armband with a completed, up-to-date medical release form in that arm-band. This armband must be worn when mounted during all mounted activities and it is recommended that armband be worn during all camp activities and while on grounds. Bracelets with an access code to the information are also okay.
8. Additional non-camp Horses: Stabling for $150 for the duration, and an additional $50 grounds fee per day if ridden. ($450 for a parent horse payable directly to Loch Moy)
There is limited food on site. There are a few places nearby to buy food.
10. Hotels: There are a number of great options along Buckeystown Pike in Adamstown/Frederick Md. TownePlace Suites Frederick will be our evening hosts. They have rooms starting at 99.00 USD per night
11. Tentative Schedule:
Monday –Move in day – evening “open riding” but NO XC Schooling
Tuesday – Dressage and Show Jumping
Wednesday – am XC; extra lessons as required
Thursday – Dressage and Show Jumping or XC as desired
Friday - Fix-a-Test and/or Fix-a-Rounds prior to shipping out
Note: The lesson schedule will be set based on your goal sheet – please include your desires in that document.
12. Extra Activities.
• ICP Workshops for both Dressage and Jumping will be happening. Our campers will participate as test rides for these workshops with Phyllis Dawson.
• LandSafe will be on site in the barn area. Please be aware and not get your horse close to the action. There is an extra fee for participating in LandSafe – please complete separate entry form.
- chris donovan
Refunds before closing date. After closing only if spot can be filled from wait list. No food on grounds.
- Late Fee$100.00
- Trailer Direction: From Route 15 in Maryland or Virginia: At Pt of Rocks, turn South onto MD-28 / CLAY ST. At stop sign turn right to continue on MD-28. Turn LEFT onto PARK MILLS RD. Event is 1.1 miles on left. From I-70 in MD: exit # 54 onto MD-355 South/ URBANA PIKE. Turn right onto Park Mills Road. Event is 6.4 miles on right.
- Change Policy: Changes are permitted before registration closes.
- Refund Policy: Refunds are permitted before registration closes.
- Registration Method(s) Pay in full via Event Clinics