Max Corcoran Clinic at Loch Moy Farm
This third clinic (in a series of 3) will include:
Nutrition 101 – feed, hay, supplements
Packing for a Show
Show Turnout – horse and rider, braiding, and more
Making Good Decisions (PowerPoint presentation)
The unmounted clinic format will include PowerPoint presentations, handouts, demonstrations, and equine models as appropriate.
Time: 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Lunch is included!
This clinic series is ideal for:
- USEA Classic Three Day Event competitors of all levels
- USEA and Starter Horse Trials competitors planning a full competition season, especially those aiming for a championship event
- Pony Club members and Junior riders of all levels
- Anyone interested in developing a solid care and fitness plan for their equine partner
Max Corcoran has a wealth of knowledge and is considered one of the foremost experts on horse management in the world. She continues to groom at events on a freelance basis, and also works as an event organizer for competitions such as The Fork Horse Trials at Tryon and the Ocala Jockey Club International Three-Day Event. She started out as a member of the O'Connor Event team, working alongside Karen and David O'Connor for 11 years, managing their barn. While working with the O'Connors she traveled to the Olympic Games, World Championships, Pan American Games, and numerous CCIs all over North America and Europe. After leaving the O'Connors, Corcoran also worked as a freelance groom and has served as stable manager for the Canadian and Venezuelan Equestrian Teams. In 2019 she will begin serving as USEA President Elect.
- Carolyn Mackintosh
Cost to Pony Club members is only $25! Select the Payment by Check option under Payment Methods. Make checks payable to Loch Moy Farm and mail to Max Corcoran Clinic, Loch Moy Farm, 1235 Park Mills Road, Adamstown, MD. Proof of membership required.
Lunch is included for all participants. Email to request vegetarian option.
1 Day Clinic Instructor: Max Corcoran
- Ride Time: Clinic time will be 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Trailer Direction: From Route 15 in Maryland or Virginia: At Pt of Rocks, turn South onto MD-28 / CLAY ST. At stop sign turn right to continue on MD-28. Turn LEFT onto PARK MILLS RD. Event is 1.1 miles on left.
From I-70 in MD: exit # 54 onto MD-355 South/ URBANA PIKE. Turn right onto Park Mills Road. Event is 6.4 miles on right.
- Change Policy: Changes are permitted before registration closes.
- Refund Policy: Refunds are permitted before registration closes.
- Registration Method(s) Pay in full via Event Clinics