Windchase XC Course is open for Schooling in 2020
Windchase’s fabulous cross-country course is now open for schooling by appointment.
Come ride over our one-hundred acre XC course, with excellent turf and over 300 XC jumps. We have everything you need to school a horse, from Intro up through Intermediate/Advanced.
Featuring a large water complex, banks, mounds, coffins, trakehners, ten different ditches, a picture frame and an Irish bank. Lots of narrows, corners, portable fences, oxers and tables.
🌳 Ride in a picturesque setting over rolling hills and open fields at the base of the Blue Ridge mountains. 🌳
Cost is $50 per horse and rider combo. $45 for current Pony Club and 4-H members. Ten percent discount if you are accompanied by a current certified ICP Instructor.
Trainers discounts available. Plus, Trainers, bring 4 or more students and school your horse for free.
Sign up through Event Clinics and state your preferred time/date in the Note to Organizer at least 24 hours in advance. Please note: We protect our excellent footing, so schooling will not be allowed when the ground is very wet.
We'll email you to confirm ground conditions and that course is open.
Need a quicker answer? Email email@example.com or text 540-454-3834 to let us know what day and time you want to school.
Instruction available from the Windchase trainers if you arrange it with us in advance.
--Add on Private lesson with a Windchase Trainer for an additional $70.
--Add on Semi-Private lesson with a Windchase Trainer for an additional $50 per horse/rider.
--Add on Group lesson with a Windchase Trainer for an additional $45 per horse/rider.
--Riders may NOT school alone; if you not with other riders you must bring a ground person.
--All riders must wear an ASTM/SEI approved helmet and body protector.
--Water is available on site.
--All riders must sign a Windchase release form. Minors must have form signed by parent or guardian.
--Please leave your dogs at home - we have a lot of them already!
- Phyllis Dawson
- 540-668-6024 barn, 540-454-3834 cell
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 540-454-3834 to let us know what day and time you want to school, and to check ground conditions and course status.
- Trailer Direction: The address for the clinic: 36502 Kidwell Road, Purcellville (or Hillsboro), VA 20132When you turn up Kidwell Road, we are the 4th drive on the right. The number is 36502, and it says Windchase on the mailbox and rock sign. At the house, bear left and go back past the lake to the stables. Please drive slowly and watch for speed bumps and dogs.PLEASE NOTE: If you are coming from Leesburg or the East and traveling up Route 9, there is ongoing construction in Hillsboro - expect delays of 20 minutes or more. Please plan accordingly.
At times route 9 will be closed altogether - but we do not know in advance which days it will be closed.
To avoid this construction, if you are traveling from the Leesburg area or East, you may want to stay on Route 7 to Round Hill, and then cut through on 719 north (Woodgrove Rd), then left on 751 (Cider Mill Rd), which will bring you out to turn left on Route 9 – you will be west of Hillsboro, thereby missing the construction. From there, right on 671, and left on Kidwell. Email me at email@example.com if you need more detailed info or a map.
- Change Policy: Changes are permitted up to 0 day(s) before registration closes.
- Refund Policy: Refunds are permitted up to 3 day(s) before activity begins.
- Registration Method(s) Pay in full via Event Clinics Payment by Check