Windchase Winter Jumping Clinics w/ Phyllis Dawson
Join Phyllis Dawson at Windchase for the 2018-2019 Winter Show Jump Clinic Series!
Held on weekends in the Windchase indoor arena, these clinics are informal and fun. Exercises are kept very basic for the greener groups, and will incorporate more creative elements for higher groups as appropriate. Exercises and fence heights can be adjusted within a group for each horse as needed.
Clinics generally run from approximately 11:00 AM to 5:00PM, with 3 to 5 riders in each group.
Please sign up via Event Clinics by Thursday PM each week (for Sunday clinics).
Note any time restraints in the Note To Organizer when you sign up. Phyllis will honor them as much as possible.
Ride times are finalized & emailed the Friday before each clinic.
See Windchase Winter Jumping Clinic dates below, or use Phyllis Dawson’s custom Event Clinics calendar link: http://bit.ly/Windchase
The cost for the 2018-2019 indoor clinics will be $65 for Windchase Boarders & $80 for all others. Checks can be made out to "Windchase" and left in the tack room box on the day of clinic.
If oversubscribed, preference is given to regular Windchase students &clinic participants.
Here are the dates that Phyllis will be teaching:
SATURDAY November 24
Sunday December 2
Sunday December 16
Sunday December 23
Sunday December 30
Sunday January 6
Sunday January 13
Sunday January 20
Sunday January 27
Sunday February 3
As long as there is interest, we will keep going through February and early March.
Further dates to be announced later.
Based in Hillsboro VA, Phyllis Dawson is a veteran US Equestrian Team member & accredited USEA ICP IV instructor. She currently serves as a USEF Selector for the US Eventing Team, to include the Olympics and Pan American Games.
Phyllis's list of extensive riding accomplishments include riding at the Olympic Games, Burghley CCI****, Rolex ****, as well as winning Three Day Events at Radnor, Essex, North Georgia, Checkmate, & Bromont. She is a highly sought clinician due to her wealth of experience in developing riders and horses up through the levels
Join us for an outstanding opportunity to work on your jumping with a top Eventing Instructor!
- Phyllis Dawson
--Please enter via Event Clinics no later than Thursday PM each week.
--If you haven’t signed a Windchase release in 2018, please attach a signed release and Coggins to your Event Clinics entry.
-Price is $65 for boarders and $80 for trailer-ins. Auditors FREE and welcome to watch!
-Checks may be made out to Windchase and left in the tack room payment box. Cash is also gratefully accepted!
-Clinic groups are available from Elementary to Intermediate, with 3 to 5 riders in each group. If you have time restraints, please write in the Note to Organizer
-Need to cancel? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org directly. Cancellations less than 48 hours before the clinic may incur a $25 cancellation fee (not applicable if inclement weather makes the roads bad).
Windchase is a Boarding and Eventing Stable near Hillsboro, VA, owned and operated by Olympic Event rider Phyllis Dawson. Windchase offers first-rate boarding facilities, and top-level training for both the horse and the rider.
Windchase routinely hosts jumping clinics, Pony Club clinics, USEA ICP workshops and USEA educational seminars.
Contact Phyllis directly for information about organizing a clinic in your area.
For more about Windchase, or to see currently available sale horses visit http://teamwindchase.com/forsale.htm
1 Day Clinic Instructor: Phyllis Dawson (ICP IV)
- Member/Boarder Price: $65.00
- Ride Time: Ride Times will be emailed out by Friday prior to each Sunday clinic. Please mention in Note to Organizer any schedule requests and we will try to honor them.
- Trailer Direction: From Leesburg, VA: Take Route 7 West for about 2 miles. At the top of a long hill, exit to the right on Route 9 towards Hillsboro (at bottom of exit ramp turn right). Follow Route 9 for about 8 miles until you come to the town of Hillsboro. Continue on through Hillsboro, and go approximately 2 more miles. Turn right on Route 671, the Harpers Ferry Road (there is a traffic light here). Go 1.3 miles, then turn left on Kidwell Road (Route 787); this is a gravel road. Take the fourth driveway on the right; there is a rock which has the name Windchase on it. Approximate driving time: 25 minutes.
- Change Policy: Changes are permitted before registration closes.
- Refund Policy: Refunds are permitted before registration closes.
- Registration Method(s) Payment by Check