George Morris Clinic at Beverly Equestrian
George Morris returns to Beverly Equestrian September 13-15, 2019. Consistent with its core principals of preserving open land for equestrian pursuits and promoting the education of horse people and riders, Beverly is proud to bring clinicians who are each renowned in their respective fields to riders in the Piedmont area.
George Morris needs no introduction: George has represented the United States in many international equestrian competitions as both a rider and coach. In 1959, his team won the gold medal in the Pan American Games, and he won a team silver medal at the 1960 Rome Olympics. He coached United States teams to individual and team silver medals at the 2006 FEI World Equestrian Games.
In 2008, he coached the team that won the team gold medal at the Olympic Games in Hong Kong as well as the team member who won the individual bronze medal. Now, George spends his time giving high-profile clinics to riders.
The clinic will run Friday, Saturday, Sunday, high to low, and classes are limited to 8 riders. There will be three classes each day:
A high class (3'6") starting at 9:00 am,
A medium class (3'0") starting at 11:00 am, and
A low class (2'6") starting at 2:30 pm.
The cost for the three-day clinic is $995. Auditors are welcome for a daily audit fee of $95 or may audit all three days for $280.
Please note that start times are approximate. With the exception of riders in the high class, riders should be prepared to start up to 20 minutes earlier or later than indicated on the schedule.
All lessons will be taught in Beverly's 200X100 lighted indoor arena with state-of-the-art footing. There are no private sessions in this clinic.
Please upload a signed Beverly Equestrian release, George Morris release, and valid coggins via the “Upload Documents” button.
Limited on-site stabling is available at $250 for the duration of the clinic (Thursday night through Sunday afternoon). Initial bedding is provided. Hay and additional shavings are available for purchase. There is no turn out with the stalls.
One auditor is included per rider but the auditor must be registered prior to the start of the clinic and collect an auditor badge each day.
- Darrin Mollet
Only riders who are age 12 and older are eligible to ride in the clinic. Also, please be sure to register at the correct height. Riders must be consistently jumping at the level for which they entered to be eligible for the class.
All riders should come with a stick and spurs. Riders should also have heavy duty, stainless steel stirrups. If using a martingale, it must be a loose running martingale; no standing martingales will be permitted. Riders can have the bit of their choice but should not use earplugs or head bonnets. Also, there should be no "bling" on any tack.
Riders may warm up in the sand arena behind the indoor. The grass derby field is not open to schooling. Please be sure your release is signed before mounting.
Bathrooms and wash racks are located on the west end of the arena by the Ship In Check In sign.
The stable, barns, and paddocks are not open during the clinic. Please do not enter these areas as they are reserved for our boarders.
Light refreshments will be available for purchase throughout the day.
Although we love dogs, please leave your dogs at home.
- Refund fee$150.00
- Ride Time: Please note that scheduling is done based on the date we receive your payment. Until we receive your payment, we cannot schedule you or hold a spot for you.
You may pay via Event Clinics or send a check to us after you register through Event Clinics, but your spot is not secure until we receive payment.
Any changes to your initial registration (changing groups, etc.) will incur a $100 office fee.
- Trailer Direction: 7120 Beverly Lane (access from Zulla Road). Please Note: GPS may take you to an entrance off Milestone Rd. Do not go there, it is a driveway to a private residence. Once you turn onto Beverly Lane, follow the drive to the right through the stone pillars. There is no access from Milestone Road.PARKING IS IN THE PADDOCK IMMEDIATELY TO THE RIGHT UPON ENTERING THE FACILITY. It is a 5 minute hack to the indoor from the parking. Cars with people who need assistance may park in the courtyard outside the indoor. Incomplete entries must check in at the office by the indoor upon arrival and before mounting.STABLING. After turning onto Beverly Lane, proceed straight and follow the signs to the polo barns. Follow the road after it turns right to go up the hill and then take a left to go through the stone pillars. Follow the gravel road up the hill and then down the hill to arrive at the 10-stall black courtyard barn. There are no stall assignments; stalls are available on a first come first serve basis.
- Change Policy: Changes are not permitted.
- Refund Policy: Refunds are permitted up to 60 day(s) before activity begins.
- Registration Method(s) Pay in full via Event Clinics