Schooling on Cross Derby Course! (8+ Acres of All Weather Rings!)
Riders should have the chance to keep their horses fit and their skills honed even if they can’t
go south to Aiken or Ocala for the winter. Winter in the Mid-Atlantic can prove a challenge for
those with long-term training plans and competitive goals. With the ground in turns frozen or
muddy, consistent work for horse and rider is not always possible. Cross-country fences on all-
weather footing give riders a more stable training option. To that end, the derby course is also
open for schooling daily by appointment through March 11, at a cost of $50 per horse/rider
combination. There are jumps ranging from Introductory (18”) through Preliminary on the
course. Call ahead and jumps can be customized to what you’re working on. The XC schooling
course is also included in this price.
Riders may NOT school alone.
Please attach your signed release and coggins to Event Clinics entry unless they have been uploaded onto the MDHT web site.
- Carolyn Mackintosh
***PLEASE SPECIFY THE DAY/TIME YOU PLAN TO SCHOOL IN NOTE TO ORGANIZE TO ENSURE GATES ARE OPEN WHEN YOU ARRIVE. **
Secure your spot with a complete reservation as soon as possible! We need your Coggins & signed release to secure your spot. We do not store Coggins/Releases.
EventClinics Members can electronically upload additional documents to their entries if needed.
All signed forms and payment must be submitted BEFORE you take your horse off the trailer, or you will be excused from the course!
Riders must wear an ASTM/SEI approved helmet and body protector. A medical armband is recommended.
No water available on the grounds.
- Ride Time: Your payment reserves the opportunity to school Loch Moy's competition course on a specific day. If you would like to change the requested day, please contact office via firstname.lastname@example.org or text 301-514-0111. Thank you!
- Trailer Direction: From Washington D.C.--Approximate distance: 40 milesFrom Route 495, take Route 270 North, towards Frederick. Continue on Rt. 270 N, approximately 26 miles, to Exit 26 for Route 80 West, Buckeystown/Urbana. Turn right off the exit ramp, circling under Rt. 270 and continue on Rt. 80 W, approximately 1.5 miles to Park Mills Road on the left. Turn left onto Park Mills Rd. and continue straight for approximately 5.8 miles to the entrance on the right.
- Change Policy: Changes are permitted before registration closes.
- Refund Policy: No refunds.
- Registration Method(s) Pay in full via Event Clinics