Who Should Attend?:
• ANY Rider who desire a complete competitive freestyle for any level of riding. There is an additional cost for the completed freestyle; however you will receive a $150 discount off the freestyle fees for attending the clinic. Prices are listed on Cynthia’s website at www.lunatunesfreestyles.com.
• Riders who desire to improve their rhythm and tempo through use of music
• Riders who want to work on their existing freestyle
• Riders who wants to come, ride to music, learn about the development of freestyles in order to put together a freestyle themselves
• Riders who want to participate in a Pas de Deux
• Professionals and Non-ODS Members are encouraged to attend this clinic
• Auditors are always welcome! Cost is $20/day or $35 for all weekend and will include a 1-2 hr symposium and potluck with Cynthia, Friday, February 16 at 7:00 p.m. at Starr Valley Farm, covering rules and the ins and outs of Musical Freestyles. VERY INFORMATIVE, NOT TO BE MISSED! Bring a friend and a dish to share.
What is the Clinic Cost and Schedule for riders?
• Cost for this clinic is $225 (2018 ODS Member ), $275(Non ODS Member) per rider and includes two 50 minute sessions, Friday symposium and a light lunch both days. Haul In $20/day, Day stall $25/day (incl. haul in), Full board $35/night
• Friday, February 16, for those registered to board and/or camp at Starr Valley Farm during the clinic, this is the earliest day you can arrive. Please no earlier than 3:00 p.m. 1-2 hr evening symposium and potluck.
• Saturday, February 17, will be dedicated to measuring the horse’s gait tempos. The horse’s movement, body build, and level is observed in order to select appropriate music. Next, music is played while the horse trots, canters, and then walks to see which type of music looks correct with the horse. (Riders can bring their own music to be evaluated. Contact Cynthia reg. format). Possible dinner at a local restaurant for those interested. (not included in registration fee)
• Sunday, February 18, is when choreography will be discussed and developed. The rider may need to ride sections of the choreography several times while choreography is being created and adjustments are made.
• This clinic does not result in a finished competitive freestyle. However, you will receive a $150 credit towards a completed freestyle with Cynthia if you choose to have her complete one for you.
What if I want a completed Freestyle for Competition?
Cynthia Collins would be happy to help you finalize your musical freestyle for use in competition. Find her prices and guidelines at www.lunatunesfreestyles.com/price_list
A credit of $150 will be offered to all clinic riders towards their musical freestyle. For more information on Cynthia Collins, please visit her website at www.lunatunesfreestyles.com
How can I register?
Payment in full is required at the time of registration.
**Please note: The registration form will be updated shortly to say "Discount Price" rather than Member/Boarder. The discount price only available to ODS Members (not facility boarders.) Sorry for any confusion!**
All of us at Lower Puget Sound Dressage Club are excited to put this clinic on for our members and local riders. This is a special opportunity and we hope many of you can benefit from it. Happy riding!
Payment in full must accompany registration. If you cancel (regardless of reason), a refund is only given if you/we can fill your spot before the start of the clinic.
Clinic limited to 8 riders. Starr Valley Farm requires that you either reserve a stall or tack up using the crossties provided in the barn. Please no horses tied to trailers.
NOTE: This clinic does not result in a completed musical freestyle. Prices for completed freestyles are available on Cynthia’s website at www.lunatunesfreestyles.com. For participation in the clinic, you will receive a $150 credit on your completed freestyle.
Our clinic will be hosted at Starr Valley Farm, 19110 Bay Road, Longbranch, WA, 97351. As a rider, there will be additional costs for the use of a stall or for haul-in. Horses are not allowed to be tied to trailers at any time.
2 Day Clinic Levels: Training Level Dressage, 1st Level Dressage, 2nd Level Dressage, 3rd Level Dressage, 4th Level Dressage, FEI Dressage
Ride times: Riders will receive a confirmation email as soon as the registration form is received. If the clinic is full, you will receive a waitlist notification. If you have any questions on how to register or would like additional information, please contact Christine at email@example.com.
Again, if you cancel (regardless of reason), a refund is only given if you/we can fill your spot before the start of the clinic.
Print, sign and bring the release forms for Luna Tunes Freestyles and LPSDC. Release form for Starr Valley Farm (if you haven't been there before) will be available at the barn when you arrive.
Trailer directions: Google Maps link
Change Policy: Changes are not permitted.
Refund Policy: No refunds.